I hope you are all doing well!
Today begins the great experiment! I am pouring my first clear resin floor..in mock up form...to make sure I can actually pull this thing off and have it look the way I intended...so far, so good!
The first step is to pour equal amounts of Part A which is the resin, and Part B, which is the catalyst into two equally measured cups. I measured 1 ounce in each for a total of two ounces when poured together, as I wanted to have multiple pours, to create a multi-layered floor. I believe that this will help with dry time, and will also allow me to experiment with transparent resin dye in later pours.
The next step was to pour both Part A and Part B into a mixing cup, where I used a plastic knife to stir the resin together, stirring the rather thick liquid until there were no swirls or blurry areas in the mixture. It went through a bit of a color change as the chemical reaction took place, and once the mixture was evenly mixed, it cleared up again.
I used a plastic knife rather than a wood tongue depressor or Popsicle stick because in reading up in preparation for this first test, it was recommended that for clear resin something other than wood should be used, as wood had the potential to introduce water into the mix, which could cause the resin to have problems in curing properly.