Saturday, April 18, 2015
There are many times in life when we want a redeux! (redo!) Most of the time, we are not able to, but happily, in the world of miniatures we are able to redeux to our little hearts content. The Box Windows needed a redeux, so just sharing the results. Therefore, no real progress beyond catching up to where I once was, but I am much happier with the result!
You probably could tell from my last post that I was not too happy with progress. After that post, I kept looking at the windows, and I just could not reconcile myself to the aluminum sheathing, because it was just too creased, and I knew if I didn't redo it, I would be unhappy with it for the life of the project. So I decided to make a change.
Basically, all I did was to rip off the aluminum sheathing (a scary proposition!), and cut new sheathing out of mount board, painted it up the same way as the aluminum, and started gluing. I am SO much happier with it and now feel like I can move on to bigger and better things!
I have little more to share, so unlike most of my posts, this one is a short one! Oh, and you can see just the slightest hint of the next step if you look closely at the first photo above. This plus the hint in the last post should give you a pretty good idea of what may be coming!
Thanks for letting me share my redeux!