Hi folks! I hope you are all enjoying the countdown to Christmas! I know I am. We've been able to see family and friends, and are enjoying finding those special gifts for our loved ones right now. But I am most excited about the time I will be able to spend with my family during the holidays. And of course the time I hope to spend on working on my Steampunk Chateau!
The final result of the added brick was worth it though, as it already begins to define the spaces I had in mind.
- Valspar Latex Paint - 'Cliveden Sandstone" applied as a full coat. This was the same color used on the original dumbwaiter.
- Indian Ink coat diluted in rubbing alcohol (as seen above)
- Folk Art Plaid 'Tangerine' (orange)
- Ceramcoat 'Straw Paille Paja'
- Folk Art's 'Turners Yellow'
- Americana's 'Burnt Sienna'
- an additional coat of Folk Art's 'Turners Yellow" with about 50/50 ratio with Floating Medium
- Craftmart 'Khaki' with 50/50 ratio of Floating medium
You'll have to let me know if you want to see these "interim steps". Things look more than a little rough in these photos, as I haven't trimmed out anything or even attempted to tidy up the edges. I have a hard time knowing what folks might find of interest, so for now, I am posting these bits of progress.
I'd also like to welcome a couple of additional new followers! I am so glad to know of you, and look forward to perusing your blogs in the near future and getting to know you!
So it is time to go off and enjoy preparing for Christmas! Remember to enjoy the season and don't let it descend into a stressful experience! It is too special a time to leave to chance. Plan now to stop and smell the roses as you prepare for celebration and you will have a very Merry Christmas season!
Until next time,