More Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

On the Move

Hi folks!  It has been a bit too long since I posted!  And when I do, I post about something NOT mini related.  I hope you can abide a short detour.

I must offer an excuse, you know...maybe two or three.

In October 2015, I began working on our current home, getting it ready for sale.  I didn't know what I had started when I began!  What I thought would take me about 3 months of work took me 7.  Why am I surprised?  I am slow at about everything, so I should have known.


Goodbye Everett!  (Our Old Town home on the left.)

BUT, our sale closed this week, and we are 8 days away or so from closing on our new home.  I thought I would share the reason for my delinquency in posting.  Its been a long road, but we are finally there...(I think!).

At the moment, we are homeless...sort of.  We are still in the old home because our buyers were gracious enough to allow us to stay until the end of the month...avoiding weeks in a hotel or in our relatives home. Both we and the relatives, I am sure, are very happy about that!

Here are a few pictures of the new home...it is larger and truly beautiful...totally turn key.  So I feel very blessed!



Here is the front of our new home...


We walk into the Living Room and Dining Area - Vaulted Ceilings!

A New Gourmet Kitchen...


And Best of All!  The soon to be mini room!

I am looking forward to getting back in the saddle...I miss working on the mini house!

Oh..and those other excuses.  Old computer dies...Doug buys cheap Chromebook to get by...  It took me six months to figure out how to save a photo because the Explorer folders were well hidden.  And gee....  I have been busy!  

Thanks for your patience!  I will be posting again some time [relatively!] soon.

Miss touching base with you all!

Doug S

Addendum:

The above was written at the end of May!  Obviously, I am still challenged in regard to posting!  

We have been in the new home now for 2 and one half months.  It is wonderful! I still have MUCH to do to get things all put away, but most of the important things are unpacked and [er hemmm] "arranged".  [That means they have been stuck somewhere out of the way for later sorting!]




Since the above was written the "miniatures room" has moved.  Until a week or two ago, the "miniatures room" was really a pile of junk.  But over the last two weeks or so I have been able to sort through it all and now have just a messy room. Little steps. 



Things are finally beginning to settle enough that I "think" about working on my mini project again now.  Operative word?  "Think".   Every time I go near the room I see more to do that MUST be done now.  Not Later.  And so my project languishes.  Not for much longer though!  

I also haven't really been on the computer for any time at all since May.  So I haven't been reading blogs either... so I have a lot of catching up to do!  

I look forward to continuing my project and being able to share that with you all.  And I look forward to catching up with your projects again!  

Talk to you soon!

Doug 




11 comments:

  1. Hello Doug,
    Congratulations! The new home is absolutely beautiful. Have fun setting everything up and I wish and your family all the best in your new home. Now get everything done so you can get back to enchanting me with your miniatures;)
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Giac! We are enjoying our home a lot. And you don't know how MUCH I want to "get everything done so I can ... ! I have about decided it is time to let a lot of those tasks "rest" for a while (code for procrastinate?) so that I can get back to my "normal" life. It will not be too much longer. I am revving the engines.

      So good to hear from you!

      Delete
  2. Hello Doug,
    It's so good to see a post from yourself. Your new home looks just perfect, I wish you and your family many years of happiness :) I have no doubt when you get settled and get back into your miniatures there'll be no stopping you!
    All the best
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Vivian! I have been a bit "absent" on the blogging and miniatures scene, haven't I? I have actually missed it a lot, but haven't been able to "make" myself stop and work on miniature houses when my real life houses are all torn up! Kind of amazing how much that affects me. I guess I am an old homebody. But I love being that. :0) I am looking forward to the day that I can take up the mini mantle again in peace!

      So good to hear from you!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful new home Doug!
    Look forward to your return.
    Good luck with the move and settling in.
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Ray! Thanks so much for your well wishes. I am excited to begin to put my own stamp on the home...It is beautiful as is, but I have so many ideas! :0) So the mini and maxi houses will be moving along together for some time I suppose. As I mentioned above though, I have decided that it is time to make room for both in my life...I miss the creative outlet. My "return" is imminent!

      Always so wonderful to hear from you Ray!

      Delete
  4. Hi Doug! I know just how much work it is to prepare for a sale, find a house and then to physically move and so I am relieved to learn that you are now on the other side of the entire process, so CONGRATULATIONS on your new abode! :D
    I wish you many HAPPY HOURS as you begin to settle in, realizing that it takes time to make your Real House your own. So no rush and don't worry, we will still be here ( God willing) when your ready to to get blogging again. ;P

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Elizabeth! It is always so good to hear from you! I had NO idea when I started the move process what it would require... All my reasons for moving didn't seem quite as important about halfway through. LOL. Thanks for the congrats!

      I know that the "real house" will have to take priority, but there is a secret...I cannot afford to do too much too quickly! So in between, I do plan to do more on my project. I expect many happy hours working on the BIG/little homes. :0)

      God Bless!

      Doug

      Delete
  5. Great to hear your news, Doug, and lovely to see your beautiful new home.
    God bless you and your home...
    Si

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Si! I hoped that you all might enjoy a peek. I always do myself.

      Thanks for stopping by! Good to hear from you!

      Doug

      Delete
    2. Thank You Si! I hoped that you all might enjoy a peek. I always do myself.

      Thanks for stopping by! Good to hear from you!

      Doug

      Delete

Welcome to the blog! I appreciate your visit, and welcome your comments!